THE Upper Hunter Shire Council have called for community feedback on what type of public holiday they should have for the Scone Cup.
The options include:
- no public holiday
- part-day public holiday (noon – 6pm)
- half day public holiday (noon – midnight)
Most businesses already close at midday as staff also make their way to the Scone Cup, however businesses which operate after the Scone Cup such as pubs and clubs have pleaded with Council not to penalise them on the one day of the year they have the opportunity to have the most trade. (Read: No business sense on public holiday and Half day holiday debate).
How to have your say:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Thursday, November 18;
- Phone: 02 6540 1100 by 4pm, Thursday, November 18;
- Write: PO Box 208, Scone. NSW. 2337 or hand deliver to a Council office, by Tuesday, November 16.