THERE are 13 candidates in the Upper Hunter by-election, to be held on May 22, following the resignation of former Member, Michael Johnsen.
You can click on the name to read a story about each candidates, with links to other stories and issues featuring the candidates.
Also see Voting 101: Upper Hunter by-election for more helpful information, dispelling some of the voting myths, where you can vote and profiles each candidate.
The list of candidates, in the order of the ballot paper, are as below:
- Kirsty O’Connell, Independent;
- Archie Lea, Independent;
- Eva Pears, Liberal Democrat Party;
- Dale McNamara, One Nation Party;
- David Layzell, Nationals Party;
- Tracy Norman, Independent;
- Steve Reynolds, Independent;
- Sue Abbott, Greens Party;
- Jeff Drayton, Labor Party;
- Calum Blair, Sustainable Australia Party;
- Michael, Dello-Jacovo, Animal Justice Party;
- Sue Gilroy, Shooters Farmers and Fishers Party;
- Kate Fraser, Independent.
For more information on where candidates stand read: Key issues in the by-election.