By Graham Turvey
It was a very pleasant morning for the thirty Vets who came to Aberdeen Golf Club on October 24, for one of their annual major events, for The George T Smith Trophy; stableford. The breeze was very still and the temperature was very warm by the end of the round.
Thank you to Chris Constable, Paul Constable and Paul Gorman for processing the cards, after some internet challenges.
Gary Leake won the trophy for 2023 with 36 points on a count-back from Ron Shuttleworth 36 second, third Reg Davidson 35, Gary Morley fourth 34 and fifth Treasurer Bob Minch 34 C/B. (Thanks for shouting us all lunch Bob !!)
Balls went to Tony Pearson 34 and on 33 Dave Perfrement, Captain/ President Paul Gorman and Graham Newton.
Nearest the Pins:- 4th Andy Medway 13th Gary Morley 7th Terry Mitchell 16th Gary Morley 9th Sue Wilks 18th Annie Woods
The Bradman’s trophy, kindly donated by Gary Morley was won for the second week in a row by Red Palmer.
- Oct 31, stableford at Murrurundi (Howie Lane will have us organised);
- Nov 7 at Muswellbrook, “Morley’s Mulligans” with generous prizes, Gary informs us;
- Nov 14, at Denman stableford;
- Nov 21, at Scone, stableford;
- Nov 28, at Aberdeen, stroke and putting for the final of the Jack White Trophy. The finalists are: Paul Constable, Steve McGhie, Dave Taylor, Garry Taylor, Graham Boles, Mark Neesom, Gary Leake, Reg Davidson and Ron Shuttleworth.
New members welcome. Shotgun starts by 8.30am