DETECTIVES have charged a 61 year old Muswellbrook man yesterday afternoon in relation to the historical sexual and physical abuse of a teenage girl in the Hunter region.
Police allege the man sexually and physically assaulted a 19-year-old woman – then aged between 13 and 16-years-old – on numerous occasions between 2016 and 2018.
He was taken to Waratah Police Station and was charged with 16 offences including:
- indecent assault person under 16 years of age,
- cause child older than 14 and below 18 to do act of child prostitution,
- have sexual intercourse with person older than 14 and younger than 16 years (x2),
- assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV) (x2),
- attempt stalk/intimidate intend fear of harm (domestic) (x3),
- common assault (DV) (x5),
- take etc in company with intent get advantage occasion actual bodily harm (DV), and,
- kidnap with intent commit serious indictable off occasion actual bodily harm (DV)
In January, strike force Baria was established to investigate the alleged kidnapping, sexual and physical assault of a teenage girl between April 2016 and December 2018, by people known to the girl.
Two other men aged 38 and 43 and a woman aged 60 have also been charged for alleged abuse of the teenager.
Investigations under Strike Force Baria are continuing.
Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence.