THIS Saturday the Local Government Election is being held for the Upper Hunter Shire Council.
Making your vote valid:
For your vote to be valid, you must select at least 5 candidates, in order of your preference. The local government election is different to the state election: In the state election you can chose just one candidate, but in the Upper Hunter local government election it is a minimum of five for your vote to be counted. If you number less than this your vote will be invalid and completely discarded from counting.
Where to vote – on Saturday:
Polling booths will be open between 8am until 6pm on Saturday, December 4.
- Aberdeen: Aberdeen Public School, Segenhoe Street, Aberdeen.
- Cassilis: Cassilis Public School, Coolah Road, Cassilis.
- Merriwa: Merriwa School of Arts, Bow Street, Merriwa.
- Moonan: Moonan Flat Soldiers Memorial Hall, Moonan Street, Moonan Flat.
- Murrurundi: Murrurundi CWA Rooms, 109 Main Street, Murrurundi.
- Scone High School: Gundy Road, Scone.
- Scone Public School: Hill Street, Scone.
- Scone Senior Citizens Centre, Crn Oxford Road and Cooper Street, Scone.
- Wingen: Wingen School of Arts, 14 Madeline Street, Wingen.
You can vote before Saturday at the following venues from 8:30am – 4:30pm:
- Merriwa: Council offices, 42 Vennacher Street, Merriwa.
- Murrurundi: Council offices, 47 Mayne Street, Murrurundi.
- Scone: Council Chambers, 135 Liverpool Street, Scone.