By Graham Turvey
The Veteran golfers would like to thank the many volunteers who maintain Aberdeen Golf Course. The greens, tees and fairways are in good order despite the dry conditions in the Upper Hunter at present. Today Doug Dowell was not playing; he was out on the tractor working hard.
We played a stableford round and three players came top with 39 points from the 24 that played. After the count-back the winner was Brian Dever from Rod Upton with Ross Banks 3rd. In 4th place was Peter Leehy 36.C/B.
Balls went to Bob Lawman and Bob Fry 36, Jock O’Connor 35, visitor Brian Payton, Graham Turvey, Rod Auld and Bob Thorley 34, Terry Mitchell 33 and on 31 Lindsay Hodge, Des Partridge, Captain Max Holz, Jeff McKeon and President Phil Ledgerwood.
Nearest the Pins: 4th Bob Fry 7th Welcome back Red Palmer! 9th/18th Brian Payton 13th Bob Thorley 16th Des Partridge
The Bradman trophy kindly sponsored Gary Morley was won by Di Thorley.
Future Games – Tuesdays:
- October 17 stableford at Muswellbrook;
- October 24 stroke and putting at Aberdeen with the Final for the Jack White Trophy plus the AGM to follow the round;
- October 31 stableford at Murrurundi.
- November 7 stableford at Muswellbrook for the Col Hunter Shield on Melbourne Cup Day;
- November 14 stroke and putting at Aberdeen;
- November 21 stableford at Muswellbrook;
- November 28 – stableford at Murrurundi.
Don’t forget: If we get at least 25 financial members playing at Murrurundi events, there will be $500 for a hole-in-one. Hit-off by 8am for all games.