YESTERDAY operations were considering reopening Ringwood Road, however the road remains closed and will be reassessed on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire has burnt through more than 21,000 hectares of the Goulburn River National Park and some adjoining private property, but is listed as “being controlled”.
Today, firefighters will continue to consolidate containment lines with earth moving equipment and the support of water bombing aircraft.
Yesterday, back burning operations were undertaken near Hamburger Hill to prevent potential fire escaping into neighbouring farmland.
Back burning will be completed when conditions allow.
If residents feel threatened by the fire they should phone 000 immediately, not a neighbour or friend.
- Website: Visit the RFS Website.
- Hotline: NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line 24/7 : 1800 679 737.
- App: Fires Near Me.
- Cudgegong RFS Facebook page.
- Liverpool Range RFS Facebook page.
- Email list: To be on the RFS email list for the Meads Creek fire please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated maps: will be available at the Merriwa RSL and also the BP service station.
- ABC Radio is the national emergency broadcaster.