PRIME Minister Scott Morrison has said JobKeeper has been doing its job to keep businesses operating, but has announced changes effective from the end of September.
- Businesses will be able to apply for JobKeeper each quarter.
- To be eligible businesses must show a 30 percent reduction in income, each quarter.
- JobKeeper will be reduced from $1,500 to $1,200 per fortnight.
- If people are working 20 hours, the JobKeeper rate will be $750.
In March, JobKeeper will be further reduced to $1,000 and for people working 20 hours $650.
- People receiving JobSeeker will be able to earn $300 without it affecting JobSeeker payments.
- In August, JobSeekers will need to connect with employment services again, must conduct four job searches per month and accept any available job.