AT this stage there are no reported cases of the coronavirus in the Upper Hunter, however the area will not be immune to the pandemic.
For the latest local developments and advice we will update this page regularly.
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus, from being in contact with a known case or having travelled to high risk areas:
- Phone the healthdirect hotline for initial advice: 1800 022 222
- Do NOT present at the hospital, medical practice or pharmacy, without first phoning for advice:
- Testing is conducted at the Scott Memorial Hospital, please phone prior to going to the hospital, to arrange for testing.
- If you need a doctor’s appointment, in the first instance please phone the Scone Medical Practice for advice over the phone. They are also able to do Skype and What’s App appointments where patients have the facilities and can arrange further care if required.
- Do not go to the local pharmacy if you have any cold or flu symptoms – an infected person visiting the pharmacy may force it into quarantine for two weeks and cause considerable issues for the broader community.
While most people will only have mild to moderate flu like symptoms, it is critical that everyone in the community practices infection control to ensure the vulnerable people in our community are protected and to not put undue strain on the health system.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, frequently.
- Use hand sanitiser when soap and water is not accessible.
- Avoid touching your face – we unconsciously touch our face 23 times per hour.
- Clean down surfaces which may have come in contact with the virus – the virus may survive on surfaces for a matter of days or weeks.
- If you do experience symptoms seek advice and avoid contact with other people.
- Editorial: Confirming Local Cases of Coronavirus – March 24, 2020.
- Meet Margi: Her Advice May Save Your Life – March 23, 2020.
- Premier Announces Closures from Noon Today – March 23, 2020.
- Food Businesses Set to Mobilise – March 22, 2020.
- Preparing for Lockdown – March 22, 2020.
- Coronavirus: What Sconeites Learnt This Week – March 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus: New Rules for Indoor Gatherings – March 20, 2020.
- Helping Local Foodies – March 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus: New Cafe Etiquette – March 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus Grounds Warbirds – March 20, 2020.
- Can You Help A Neighbour? – March 20, 2020.
- Calls to Suspend Medical Certificates – March 19, 2020.
- Coronavirus: Self-Isolating in Scone – March 19, 2020.
- Coronavirus: The Curve and Testing Explained – March 18, 2020.
- Coronavirus: Some Questions Answered – March 18, 2020.
- Coronavirus: Local Help is at Hand – March 18, 2020.
- Council Announces Event Cancellations – March 17, 2020.
- Horse Festival and Scone Cup Carnival Cancelled – March 17, 2020.
- Changes to Scone Local Court Appearances – March 17, 2020.
- Neighbourhood Centre Ready to Help – March 16, 2020.
- Inaugural Oration Cancelled – March 16, 2020.
- Pre-Season Group 4 Knocked Out – March 16, 2020.
- Senior Shoppers Prioritised – March 16, 2020.
- Local Coronavirus Update – March 16, 2020.
- Local Events Being Assessed for Coronavirus Risk – March 13, 2020.
- Local Advice on the Coronavirus – March 13, 2020.
- EDITORIAL: It Gets Worse – March 6, 2020.
- EDITORIAL: Questions for Scone’s Stupidest – March 5, 2020.
- EDITORIAL: Handwashing not HAZMAT – January 31, 2020.