THE Civil Aviation Safety Authority has announced flexibility and extensions of six months to two years, for airports to meet new regulations being introduced in August this year.
CASA has previously confirmed Scone Airport will not close if it does not meet the regulations. Read: CASA Confirms Scone Airport Won’t Close.
Consultation is being undertaken by CASA to work with airport operators to ensure airports have time to meet regulations, including “grandfathering” provisions.
In a statement CASA explained, “We are proposing delaying some of the new regulatory requirements during the transition period, to allow additional time for industry to prepare and comply with significant changes.”
“We are consulting to ensure that the proposed policy to transition aerodrome operators into the new Part 139 of CASA requirements, is clearly articulated and will work in practice and as it is intended.”
Steve McDonald, general manager of the Upper Hunter Shire Council, has previously stated CASA do not permit grandfathering options (Read: Letter Council Rebukes Dutton on Airport).
However, CASA confirmed there have always been grandfathering provisions and the consultation being undertaken now is to refine the terms of grandfathering aspects for the new regulations.
Submissions for the transition strategy close on March 2: Submission information.
PETITION: A petition was launched last year, requiring 500 signatures to be presented to Parliament, calling for an independent review of the business case behind the Scone Airport development. The petition can be signed at:
Asser House Cafe, 202 Kelly Street, Scone;
Hunt-A-Book, 200 Kelly Street, Scone;
Kim Baker’s Barber Shop, 180 Kelly Street, Scone;
Pat Gleeson Real Estate, 109 Kelly Street, Scone;
Scone Colonial Motor Inn, 9 Guernsey Street, Scone;
Scone Newsagency, 185 Kelly Street, Scone, and
Scone Sports Store, 1/203 Kelly St, Scone.
Peter Carlin, 66 Mayne Street, Murrurundi.
- A General Overview: Scone Airport Development – October 1, 2019.
- Airport: A Sure Thing Or A Gamble? – September 23, 2019.
- Conflict Questioned: Mayor “Personally Affronted!” – September 30, 2019.
- Letter: Airport – Can’t Walk Past This One – October 15, 2019.
- Conflict: Clearing the Air – October 16, 2019.
- Letter: Council Rebukes Dutton on Airport – October 16, 2019.
- CASA Confirms: Scone Airport Won’t Close – October 16, 2019.
- Airport: Some Good News! – October 17, 2019.
- Letter: Consultant Supports Upgrade – October 21, 2019.
- Letter: Call for Independent Review – October 23, 2019.
- Council’s Critical Emergency Claims Challenged – October 28, 2019.
- Letter: Plan Flawed New One Needed – October 28, 2019.
- DA for Museum and Terminal Approved – November 6, 2019.
- Letter: GM Criticises Pinfold’s Letter – November 7, 2019.
- Editorial: Enough of the Emergency Spin – November 7, 2019.
- Letter: $10.8 Million Reasons To Question – November 14, 2019.
- Paradice Has Advice on Airport – November 18, 2019.
- Emergency Services: Council’s Creative Counting – November 19, 2019.
- Airport: Cr Abbott Calls on Residents to Speak – November 23, 2019.
- Airport Review Motion Lost – November 25, 2019.
- Johnsen Tells Council to Get to Work – November 26, 2019.
- Public Speak Out at Council Meeting on Airport – November 26, 2019.
- Editorial: No Plan for Tourists – November 28, 2019.
- Airport Motion: Hear the Meeting for Yourself – November 28, 2019.
- PETITION: Airport Development Review – December 5, 2019.