ANOTHER new case of covid-19 has been identified in Muswellbrook, there are now 14 active cases within the local government are and a woman was fined $5,000 for not self-isolating.
NSW Health has been closely monitoring the evolving situation in Muswellbrook and will provide further advice on lockdown later today.
Update: Muswellbrook still in lockdown.
Cessnock numbers have continued to grow with another 21 cases identified in the past 24 hours bringing their total to 70 cases.
No new cases have been added to the Upper Hunter, Singleton or Dungog areas.
Statewide covid numbers:
- 623 new cases have been identified
- 959 people are hospitalised
- 193 people are in intensive care
- 97 people are being ventilated
- 6 people have died
- 1 in their 40s
- 3 in their 60s
- 1 in their 70s
- 1 in their 90s
Cases by local health district:
- 144 are from South Western Sydney
- 103 are from Western Sydney
- 77 are from Illawarra Shoalhaven
- 59 are from Hunter New England
- 52 are from South Eastern Sydney
- 51 are from Sydney
- 32 are from Central Coast
- 25 are from Nepean Blue Mountains
- 23 are from Western NSW
- 21 are from Southern NSW
- 18 are from Northern Sydney
- 4 are from Northern NSW
- 3 are from Mid North Coast
- 1 from Murrumbidgee
- 1 from Far West
- 3 are in correctional settings
- 6 are yet to be assigned to a local health district