DURING October the Council will be collecting bulky waste from residential properties with waste collection, for free.
Last year the Council collected 110 tonnes of waste, saving it from general landfill, which costs Council $82.70 per tonne for the NSW Government Waste Levy.
Collection is scheduled for:
- October 19 – 20: Scone
- October 26-27: Aberdeen, Blandford, Bunnan, Cassilis, Gundy, Merriwa, Moonan Flat, Murrurundi, Parkville and Wingen.
The rules for collection:
- The waste needs to be separated into four piles: garden organics, electronics, metals, and the rest.
- This year mattresses, scrap metal and white goods with doors removed, will also be collected.
- Items must be placed neatly on the kerb, ensuring the footpath and roadway are clear.
- Items must be secured to avoid windblown littering.
- The volume of waste must not be more than a 2m3 box trailer.
- Waste must only be placed on the weekend allocated for your town and will be collected by November 1.
- Any waste added after the weekend, will not be collected.
- Any waste left after collection is considered illegal dumping and fines of $250 may apply.
There are many items which will not be accepted for the bulky waste collection, but may be accepted for free at the Community Recycling Centre in Scone.