COUNCILLOR Sue Abbott has raised a motion for Monday’s general Council meeting:
To seek an external independent review of the Scone Airport and Aviation Museum Project, and to not proceed to any construction contracts until:(i) the external review has been completed and any issues raised within the external review have been adequately and publicly addressed, and (ii) a comprehensive business plan has been developed for the Scone Airport and Aviation Museum Project demonstrating economic and social benefits for the entire Upper Hunter Community.
Previously, Mayor Wayne Bedggood has claimed on ABC Radio that there are only “a few” residents who are concerned about the airport and museum development.
Cr Abbott encourages residents who have concerns to ensure their voices are heard on the issue.
“I would urge everybody who has a view on this project to come to the Council meeting and express those views to all of the Councillors,” said Cr Abbott.
Council have called for tenders for the project and this may be the last Council meeting before tenders are decided.
To speak at the Council meeting at 5pm on Monday, residents must register before midday on Monday: Public Participation.
If you are unable to attend the meeting residents can email local Councillors to express their views: Contact the Councillors.
- Airport: A Sure Thing Or A Gamble? – September 23, 2019.
- Conflict Questioned: Mayor “Personally Affronted!” – September 30, 2019.
- Letter: Airport – Can’t Walk Past This One – October 15, 2019.
- Conflict: Clearing the Air – October 16, 2019.
- Letter: Council Rebukes Dutton on Airport – October 16, 2019.
- CASA Confirms: Scone Airport Won’t Close – October 16, 2019.
- Airport: Some Good News! – October 17, 2019.
- Letter: Consultant Supports Upgrade – October 21, 2019.
- Letter: Call for Independent Review – October 23, 2019.
- Council’s Critical Emergency Claims Challenged – October 28, 2019.
- Letter: Plan Flawed New One Needed – October 28, 2019.
- DA for Museum and Terminal Approved – November 6, 2019.
- Letter: GM Criticises Pinfold’s Letter – November 7, 2019.
- Editorial: Enough of the Emergency Spin – November 7, 2019.
- Letter: $10.8 Million Reasons To Question – November 14, 2019.
- Paradice Has Advice on Airport – November 18, 2019.
- Emergency Services: Council’s Creative Counting – November 19, 2019.